UNCIVILISATION: The Dark Mountain Network

A space for conversations in a time of global disruption

Coming to Uncivilisation? Wondering what to expect?

I've had a few messages from people who are coming (or thinking of coming) to the festival on their own, and feeling a bit nervous - or just wondering what to expect, and what to bring.

So this thread is for you to introduce yourselves, meet some of the other people who are coming, and ask any questions you have. It would be great to hear from some people who came last year, too, talking about your experiences.

Views: 546

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Dougald

quick catering question.. will there be veggie/vegan catering on Friday night and to what time...?

thanks

C

rather surprisingly [to me] the impression to outsiders [like me] seems little different than a Victorian garden party ... and the main flush toilets very ... er, um ... well Victorian and very civilised, and "appreciated" ...  another year goes by and well nothing has changed much ... not that I ever thought it would ...  so it's far from meant as a criticism, only a ,[perhaps humorous?] ,  observation on us all ...  one has to laugh or cry about how little action folks take as our world dies in our hands , but how much fun one can have for years talking about what we could have done and how much fun was the party , how much the common ground brought folks to enjoy the good ol' ways the Victorians gave us of civilised discussion on the grass with a meal in the best possible tradition of the elite  as the uncivilised peasants starve conveniently somewhere else  ...  still its results that count , isn't it ?

poetry ...
mere words
and most unheard
...life
starts absurd
then truth is blurred
but poets can
yet understand
know what's a man
know what's a hand
see what is planned ...

love's 'task' is free
though few yet see
life's all of us
not you and me
we'll wait for all
until we're free
we'd suffer till 'eternity'
but that all know just what we be...

all conscience speaks of what is right
yet most walk backward from the light
deny themselves integrity
wallow in waves amidst the sea
listen to lies that they are free
live empty lives in misery
yet beyond death they can't believe
so through all life themselves deceive
refuse to say what they receive
but will not give
and thus they grieve
for love's just given
freely too
that takes us all past me and you
yet
for a while
few's truth will do ...

" ... broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction,
and many there be which go in thereat:
because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way,
which leadeth unto life,
and few there be that find it... " [now, for this life, but ...]
Matt 7:13-14

" ... it shall come to pass
afterward,
that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh
and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your old men shall dream dreams,
your young men shall see visions ... "
Joel 2:28

" ... when
he, the Spirit of truth, is come,
he will guide you
into all truth:
for he shall not speak of himself;
but whatsoever he shall hear,
that shall he speak:
and he will shew you things to come... "
John 16:13

"... after this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude,
which no man could number,
of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues,
stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes,
and palms in their hands;
and cried with a loud voice, saying:
Salvation to our God... "
Revelation 7:9-10

Okay Stranger,

You've succeeded in dominating just about every conversation thread on this network. Have you no sense of self-awareness? Do you not see that no one is responding or engaging with you? Perhaps this is because you are not actually interested in conversation. Instead you bludgeon us all with your quotes from the Bible, your stream of consciousness rants, and your doggerel rhyming.

Maybe this is the inevitable consequence of an un-moderated website, but it's a damn shame because I think Dark Mountain is a valuable project, offering much to many, and I feel sad that this forum is often hijacked by people like you.

Ho hum, so it goes.

He mentioned in one thread that his son is Shaun Chamberlin - it might be worth contacting him, because as you say Stranger is obviously unwell (and, as Dougie says, apparently completely lacking in self-awareness).

But the next one who comes along might not give us a link to someone with a personal connection, so .... as the site grows, will it continue to work without a moderator?

wolfbird said:

It seems that Stranger got the idea about moving to another planet from a children's play put on by Transition Kingston. He's obviously unwell. Does anybody know his son, or anyone else who knows him ?

This making up lies about me has to stop , it is the bible says we spend the next  life in a new earth with new heavens :-

Isaiah 65:17  For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
Isaiah 66:22  For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
2 Peter 3:13  Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
Revelation 21:1  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Malcolm Ramsay said:

He mentioned in one thread that his son is Shaun Chamberlin - it might be worth contacting him, because as you say Stranger is obviously unwell (and, as Dougie says, apparently completely lacking in self-awareness).

But the next one who comes along might not give us a link to someone with a personal connection, so .... as the site grows, will it continue to work without a moderator?

wolfbird said:

It seems that Stranger got the idea about moving to another planet from a children's play put on by Transition Kingston. He's obviously unwell. Does anybody know his son, or anyone else who knows him ?

When I arrived here recently,  wolfbird was dominating the threads and no-one seemed unhappy then so why now ?  ... I simply assumed some folks spend more time here than others, didn't presume as you do without even asking...  I see nothing wrong with providing an answer on all threads here  , that is wha the site is for , is it not ? ... as for self-awareness , it is the very life-blood of poets , but you don't seem to realise this ...  as for responses , the beauty of this medium is that folks can respond as and when they like , so what ? ...surely you are used to that ?...

quotes from the bible are n more a "bludgeon" than anyone else's opinion , you are seriously in error , they are the wise words of loving people who have known God ... bu you ahve evey write toignore wisdomand carry on to the death of this world in ignorance of God's plan , or believing mass sinner religion is about God, that's your free choice, but several people on DM have said that they would like more representation of  he spirital side of the end of the world, so I came hee , at recommendation of my son, to provide  it  as I have extensive experience of bible study and know the many mistakes of religion about the God of scripture, the 'muse' of poetry ...

Your rather unjustifiably rude introducton makes no sense to me if yu have an open mind to discussion , if not then why are you here ... really there is no need for your unjustified rude words and they help  no-one  ... as fr holistic thinking, it's a shame you cannot appreciate  it , but  that is not my fault , it's a matter of your unwillingness to even tr to understand instead of resorting to abusive language like our friend wolfie who sadly seems to have gone around poisoning everyone with his  bizarre lies about me ...
Douglas Strang said:

Okay Stranger,

You've succeeded in dominating just about every conversation thread on this network. Have you no sense of self-awareness? Do you not see that no one is responding or engaging with you? Perhaps this is because you are not actually interested in conversation. Instead you bludgeon us all with your quotes from the Bible, your stream of consciousness rants, and your doggerel rhyming.

Maybe this is the inevitable consequence of an un-moderated website, but it's a damn shame because I think Dark Mountain is a valuable project, offering much to many, and I feel sad that this forum is often hijacked by people like you.

Ho hum, so it goes.

What lie are you referring to, please, Stranger?

Stranger said:

This making up lies about me has to stop [....]

Malcolm Ramsay said:

... I think we all know what the heavens are ... and what the earth is ...

2 Peter 3:10  But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up...
2 Peter 3:12  Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Job 14:12  So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.

Job 35:5  Look unto the heavens, and see; and behold the clouds which are higher than thou.

Psalms 8:3  When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;

Isaiah 42:5  Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

Isaiah 45:12  I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

Isaiah 45:18  For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Isaiah 50:3  I clothe the heavens with blackness

Isaiah 51:6  Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.

Isaiah 55:9  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Jeremiah 4:23  I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

Jeremiah 4:28  For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

Jeremiah 10:11  Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens.

Haggai 2:6  For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;

of course I do , by meditation and by checking documents , and by comparing the same word as used in different places...  but you carry on telling other folks what they know and what they believe ... but everyone here knows the name of that ... strawmen ...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Dougald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service